Patent attorneys or Patent agents are also called doctors of new inventions and it is a long job to get your patent done.Only first step in getting a patent i.e Patent prior search is a very long process if done by Qualified Patent Attorney or Patent agent.From this, you can realize how long and tedious task is getting a patent in India or elsewhere. Patent Agents are Engineers and/or science graduates, and Patent Attorney are Engineers plus Lawyer by profession. Patent Attorneys have combined knowledge of technology as well as legal boundaries behind that profession.
Things you need to know before calling a Patent Agent/Attorney:
1. Patent Attorney or Patent Agents time is valuable. Therefore, Take an appointment before calling a Patent Attorney or Patent Agent.
2. Be ready to accept the questionnaire about your product/idea.
3. It is advisable to read the basics of the patent before visiting the patent attorney/agents as they don't like willy-nilly decisions.
4. Respect the advice given by patent agent and attorney as they are bound by their bar to give you right decision.
5. If you insist to sign NDA then there is no problem.
Have you ever see a reputed lawyer taking calls of their clients and converse in the very relaxing mood. It's not possible. And Even a reputed doctor has some consultation fee just for a single visit. Patent Attorneys | Agents are a much-reputed profession and you can't expect a free consultation as they are very busy in their work schedule.
Technical writing is a necessary step in drafting and filing the patents. Preparing the claims also involves some legal skills that professional writer must learn. I am a Freelance Technical Writer | Patent Law Expert.
I loves to write Technical as well as Legal stuff.It gives me immense pleasure to present my unique ideas in front of my blog readers.
I have extensive experience in writing Technical articles for Websites, On page SEO for Amazon listings, Article Rewriting, Cyber Security topics, Security Company Business Plan, etc.